No, once activated passes cannot be deactivated.
Yes. You can use the same mobile pass to transfer to other routes. One-way passes will remain valid for 90-minutes upon activation to allow for transfers.
Yes, the pass will expire 6 months from the time of purchase.
- Mobile passes are validated through the fixed on-board validators on vehicles.
- The driver/enforcement officer will ask you to present the barcode from your mobile device for scanning over the on-board validator. An audible beep and a screen will identify the pass is valid for use.
- Passes can also be validated by visual inspection.
- Hand-held inspection devices may be used by an Enforcement Officer to scan a pass using the barcode functionality.
Each pass includes a visual validation in addition to a unique barcode that will occasionally be scanned by Transit officials as part of an inspection process. Please use the barcode to allow the transit officer to inspect your mobile pass, if requested.
No, but you will need to provide a valid email address to enable a receipt to be emailed to you for the purchase of your product.
Mobile passes do not need cell phone or WIFI services to activate & display a pass. You do need connectivity, however, to purchase a pass, which must be done prior to boarding. If you lose cell phone service after activating and boarding the vehicle you will be able to activate and display the pass from “my pass” section.
You are responsible for having a mobile phone in good working order and usable prior to boarding. If your mobile phone is inoperable, you will be expected to use another payment method for your trip. Cash will still be accepted on the vehicle.
- rideCAT supports up to five (5) passes purchased in one single transaction.
- When using a single phone for a group, the rider possessing the phone with the activated passes will need to scan each pass at the on-board validator.
- Passes cannot be transferred between accounts/users.
- If you lose or purchase a new device you can transfer any valid, unused passes to a new device. To do so, log-in to your account from your new device and your unused passes will be displayed.Please note that passes on your old device will become invalid once activated on the new device.
- Mobile app users are allowed three (3) device switches over a six-month period.